Thursday, May 3, 2007

Stockinette has eaten my soul.

So I'm working on a charity blanket for my college knitting club (Linfield College Wildcats with Sticks- woot!). We decided since the blankets have to be done by the end of the semester (in about 3 weeks) we needed to use big bulky yarn and a quick and easy pattern. Unfortunately this means entering the hell that is miles of stockinette...with a garter stitch border...why god why?!

The blanket is actually really cute. We're using brights (I chose hot pink and black- so punk rock) so they're cheery for sure! Despite the electric pink however, the stockinette simply puts me to sleep...so I started a new project to keep me sane when I'm about to throw my blanket across the room. A cabled capelet (found here). Mine's being made with some left over "Pearl Grey" Jiffy that I bought for a scarf for an ex. Needless to say he's not getting the damn scarf so I frogged it and now I've finally found a use for it! Huzzah!

Here's the pink and black punk rock/evil blanket- obviously knitted with love in every stitch (1/4 of the way done):



































and here is the begining of the capelet (my first attempt at cables!):

No comments: